Thursday, July 18, 2013

Awesome Margarita made with all natural ingredients must try!!!!!

Although I cannot drink currently (because I am pregnant) I have been making these margaritas every weekend for the family. Tonight I made one for the hubs and decided to post. What you'll need: 1 orange 1 Lemon 1 Lime Tequilla (normally I drink patron but theres no need to use it in frozen drinks) Orange liquor ( triple sec or cointreu) Frozen Strawberries (optional) if you don't use it will just be a regular margarita but I would recommend 2 whole oranges if you choose not to use strawberries. Agave Nectar Ice Cubes Sugar I am a bit of a blender snob I really think that makes all the difference (i use a vitamix) you can get them cheaper at Costco than other stores they are really great machines ( I make soup, ice cream, shakes , peanut butter) you can make just about anything in them.....anyway youll obviously need a blender I put 4 oz of tequilla in and 2 oz of triple sec ( ratio is 2:1 if your making a bigger size) 1 whole orange peeled Juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime a Table spoon of Agave Nectar 2 cups of Fresh frozen strawberries (or any frozen fruit) Don't get the ones that have added sugar theres no need for the extra calories and fill the rest of the blender with ice Blend on low level for about 30 seconds then high for another 30 seconds now your margarita is done Then rim your glass put a little agave nectar on one plate and sugar on another dip glass in agave nectare then right in the sugar (or salt make sure you get margarita salt if you choose salt) I do not like salt neither do any of my family members so we use just regular granulated sugar......These are sooo good I can't wait to have one in 4 months once this baby is here!!!!! Enjoy!!!! One more thing........If you prefer a margarita on the rocks use same recipie its great but you cannot use the frozen strawberries ( i would just buy a fruit puree and add an oz) Just follow same recipie but instead of using a whole orange just use the juice and the most important part is shaking the ingriedents atleast for 30 seconds to make it nice and frothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment