Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A quick mani

So no need to spend 20$ for something you can do at home...Pictured is what you will need to do an at home mani , I dont recommend going to a nail place unless its something you cannot do at home....If you are bad at painting nails start with a dark color they show less mistakes also once completely dry you can dip a q-tip in acetone and clean edges the acetone will take it right off. Heres what youll need and how to use doing a mani ... 100% pure acetone and cotton ball ( dont use non acetone it wont do as good of a job especially with clean up) Step 1: Clean nails( even if no nail polish with a cotton ball soaked in acetone. ****If you have time soak nails for atleast 5 minutes in warm soapy water (this will loosen cuticles and make it alot easier) or do steps 2-7 right after a warm shower or after bathing your children like I did today . I did not have time to soak today which is why I dont have this step pictured**** Step 2: Apply cuticle remover let sit 5 mins (pink squeeze bottle pictured) Step 3: Push cuticles ( get a metal cuticle pusher *like the one pictured* the wood ones wont work it will be a waste of time and money)Start at nail right above cuticle apply decent pressure and push down. Step 4: Cut Cuticles (Don't get cuticle scissors get cuticle clippers like the ones pictured)Invest in a decent pair so that they dont dull out easy. Don't cut and rip the cuticle , if you bleed your cutting two deep or you did not push them enough simply nip and cut all along the bottom curve of nail. Step 5: Cut nails with nail clippers (I love mine short so I always do this step I think short nails are classy and professional... some of you will probably skip this step if so make sure you file to make them all even and the same shape) Step 6: File nails-Black file pictured ( I dont have enough nail to shape them so I simply just file out the rough edges) But if my nails were longer I would choose to go with a square shape Step 7: Buff nails -White one pictured take nail buffer and do 10 passes fastly back and forth on nail it should leave a white powder on nail Step 8: Apply cuticle oil (you can use olive or coconut oil at home if you have) Leave sit until your ready to paint nails Step 9: Time to polish .....( I dont use a base coat because I feel as though it makes the nails chip alot faster) You have to balance the pH of your nail in order to have the nail polish apply properly so how do we do this???? simply re-clean nail with a cotton ball and acetone ********Time to polish******** I love the Seche Vite dry fast top coat (pictured) it is my absolute favorite I dont use anyting else and I always use a fast dry why wait if you dont have to? For my color of choice I choose Adel by Zoya , Zoya is my new favorite polish line. To make them dry even faster put them in the freezer for a couple of mins. If you have kids give them a file and ask them if they can do their nails with you it will keep them busy ....also give them a washable marker and tell them to "paint" their nails. Dont ever waste another dime getting your nails done do all this it shouldnt take more than 15 minutes ....it takes me about 5 because ive been doing it forever and have it down pat and these products can be found all at Sallys Beauty Supply or Walmart (dont know about the polish though) Please try this a couple times youll get the hang of it and wonder why you ever paid for a mani....use same steps to do a pedi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment