Saturday, July 13, 2013

A quicky....yet still healthy!

For din we had a grilled chix salad it can be so quick and so easy and best of all you can use all the veggies in your fridge that may end up going to waste I used
Raw mushrooms
Boston lettuce
Red onion
Tomato
Sunflower seeds
Peppers
Marinade the chicken (I used lemon, honey mustard, olive oil salt and pepper)
the longer it sits the better
once you get all those washed cut and cleaned dinner is pretty Much made.  I love doing this on days I work because sometimes I don't get home until 8pm so I don't have time to put something healthy together and its all there for me I just add dressing and toss.....of course you could also grill chicken and have that prepared too. For dressing
red wine vinegar
olive oil
Chives chopped
Onion minced
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder or fresh . Fresh is always better though
A spoon full of Dijon mustard
Finally I used some left over bread so it wouldn't go to waste and made some homemade croutons just chop and add olive oil and garlic to a pan and pan fry....I usually do these in the oven for a healthier alternative but was to lazy tonight!
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment